Wednesday, February 23, 2011

electric work vs acoustic soul

Decided to not uee the scale book (at least not at this point) because I think the Fretbook Workbook is more comprehensive (when discussing the major scale, at least). Worked today on memorizing the major scale pattern based on the first pattern. Worked also on adding some new chord stuff from the Baker book. Used the electric for this stuff. Hooked up my digital delay, and wassn't impressed. Tempted to try to trade the digital delay for a flanger, but we'll see...

Picked up the acoustic and found out I missed it! Has a fleeting thought of getting rid of the electric with its companion amp and getting a quality acoustic and focusing just on acoustic. Ha. For now, I think my soul needs for me to work more on acoustic stuff. So I reinstated the Fingerstyle book in my learning.

Decided also that instead of shelling out the cash to pay a teacher to teach my son the guitar, I'll do it! It might help our relationship, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment