Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spirituality

There's perhaps two ways of looking at this that may not be mutually exclusive. Zen guitar may say that I am to put my whole heart and soul into playing everything on order to celebrate the spirit of my soul and heart. And to play in harmony with others with courage, persistance, and selflessness.

Christianity may say that the whole purpose of living is to glorify Jesus. To die to self and to live for Him.

Again, perhaps they aren't mutually exclusive.... Perhaps one can accept first of all that the purpose of life is to glorify Jesus. Perhaps I can put my whole heart and soul into glorifying Him, and thus my music can be an extension of glorifying Him. Even in play with others I can focus on the others. Frustration in learning associated with the ego of the internal criric can be replaced with compassion, selflessness, and courage.

Its not about me, but its about the music. And the music is about the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment