Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blue Sunrise

"Blue Sunrise" made its debut last night at a local parish's Mardis Gras celebration. It was alright. We played two sets, and I sang some, too.

Some comments:
1) It would be nice to play somewhere and people would actually get into it, or at least applaud after a song! Didn't happen last night...
2) My strat behaved. For the most part. But I still need to get better used to the different tones available.
3) I continue to not be impressed with my Digital Delay pedal. Either I try to get better used to it, or it will be sold/traded.
4) My amp is heavy, and maybe too powerfully loud for my needs. Thinking of selling it and downsizing to a different amp thst doesn't weigh a ton. Would like a lighter tube amp, and it doesn't need to have too many effects other than reverb.

Time to get busy, and serious:
1) Its now Lent, so I'd like to use Lent as an opportunity to get back to walking daily and eating better.
2) Time to get serious about practicing for thr wedding gig that is quickly approaching.

Miscellaneous:
1) Received my Danelectro Chorus Pedal and Fast Fret yesterday!
2) Christian music gig is approaching, also.
3) Strat is at the shop getting a "set up" being paid mostly by the cash earned at the Mardi Gras gig
4) Another "country club gig" is also quickly approaching for the Blue Sunrise band. Will have a drummer there, and we'll need to learn more songs for that one.
5) Been listening to the Stones. Exile is great, Goats Head Soup isn't. Exile makes me want a telecaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment